San Felipe Center
Casa de Luz
We operate a community center where our Peruvian staff loves, mentors, and ministers to the children and teens who live on the hillsides. It is a safe space as well as a place of employment where teens can stay off the streets and avoid gangs.
Our Center provides the following services:
- A safe place with running water -Getting off the streets – Avoiding Gangs
- Feeding Orphans & Widows – Meeting Basic Needs
- Sharing the Gospel Through Worship and Studying the Bible
- Games & Entertainment
- Womens Weekly Bible Study
- Children’s VBS and Weekend Hot Meals
- Counselors for youth and children
- Job Training and Educational Support.
- Stepping Stones Workshops: “Teach Them How to Fish”
- Bakery, Barber Shop, Computer Classes, Carpentry, Candles, Sewing Gardening
San Felipe In the Future
Our center’s expansion represents a bold step towards making an even greater impact on the lives of underprivileged children and families in Peru with God. Together, we’re creating a brighter future and nurturing leaders who will drive positive change and the love of Jesus in their communities.
Our Center will provide the following in the future:
- Access to Vital Healthcare: Adding a medical office and a dentist’s office ensures essential healthcare services are available to the community, addressing critical health needs and promoting well-being.
- Enhanced Education Facilities: With the construction of more classrooms, we can accommodate a growing number of youth, providing them with quality education and a pathway to a brighter future.
- Empowering Trade Programs: Introducing carpentry, electricity, and computer training programs to equip the youth with valuable skills, expanding their employment prospects and fostering self-sufficiency.
- Igniting the Love for Learning: Establishing a library offers a wealth of knowledge and resources, inspiring a passion for learning among children and teens.